June 9, 2010 at 10:55 pm | android, blog, monetizing | 23 comments
This is the second part of a series of posts, look at the 1st round, 3rd round, and some related problems.
It’s been three months since we migrated to Mobclix from Admob, where we stayed for over two months. So we want to share some data, mainly focused to get our fellow developers starting out in the Android world to better estimate what kind of revenue they can make out of advertising.
We will compare the results for four weeks, aligned by the week day, using the data from February/March for Admob, and April/May for Mobclix.
This is the revenue that we generated per day (*):
And here, the revenue per click, which is our preferred indicator to compare how different ad providers perform:
All this has been generated by three applications, that currently have 100k active users (after over 200k downloads). It is difficult to keep track of how many users we had in each ad provider at every point in time, so comparing absolute numbers, like we did in the first graph, does not yield relevant conclusions.
In an upcoming article, we’ll show values that analyze the long term figures!
(*): We have multiplied all figures by a factor k € [0.2, 5.0], in order not to disclose our real numbers while providing meaningful data. This correction is consistent, i.e. if you have 2x active users, expect a similar price per click but double the revenue per day.
March 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm | android, blog, monetizing | 39 comments
This is the first part of a series of posts, look at the 2nd round, 3rd round, and some related problems.
We have been using Admob for three of our applications during two months. Our first impression was very positive: we generated way more revenue than what we expected.
The revenue per day was very unstable. In the last weeks, it went sharply down with no apparently reason (almost 30%-40%). We tried hard to understand how the Admob network works internally, with no happy end. We have more users, more impressions, more CTR but much less revenue… (stay tuned for an upcoming post where we share our stats).
After some twitter posts trying to find fellow developers with whom to share experiences, we were contacted by a Mobclix employee suggesting we switched to their mashup of agregated advertisement networks.
So, we tested Mobclix with the smallest app (in active users) with ads that we have, the MLIA widget:
Here it is the comparison between Admob vs Mobclix in MLIA over the same days, it looks really promising!
Still, it is very soon to draw firm conclusions. This is the start of a series of post with the comparative.