We have been using Admob for three of our applications during two months. Our first impression was very positive: we generated way more revenue than what we expected.
The revenue per day was very unstable. In the last weeks, it went sharply down with no apparently reason (almost 30%-40%). We tried hard to understand how the Admob network works internally, with no happy end. We have more users, more impressions, more CTR but much less revenue… (stay tuned for an upcoming post where we share our stats).
After some twitter posts trying to find fellow developers with whom to share experiences, we were contacted by a Mobclix employee suggesting we switched to their mashup of agregated advertisement networks.
So, we tested Mobclix with the smallest app (in active users) with ads that we have, the MLIA widget:
Here it is the comparison between Admob vs Mobclix in MLIA over the same days, it looks really promising!
Still, it is very soon to draw firm conclusions. This is the start of a series of post with the comparative.